Medicare Wellness Visit
Your annual wellness and preventive visit is important to your overall care and we recommend you make it a priority to come in every year.
Medicare covers 100% of the cost of your visit each year.
Please make sure it has been more than one year since your welcome visit or last wellness visit.
What to expect
At the Annual Wellness Visit, your doctor will:
- Talk to you about your medical history
- Review and discuss your risk factors
- Make a personalized plan to keep you healthy
Limitations: Medicare is very specific about what this visit includes and excludes.
This visit is not the same thing as what is often referred to as a yearly physical exam, and does not include a hands-on exam, nor does it include other testing or discussion about any new or current medical problems, conditions, or medications.
Does not include:
- Physical examination and screenings
- Discussion of chronic disease, such as hypertension or diabetes
- Treatment of an immediate health concern like a cold
- Prescription medicine refills
You will need to schedule another appointment to discuss anything that is not part of the Annual Wellness and Preventive Visit, as defined by Medicare.
Come prepared: write it down!
Please come prepared with the information in this check list to make the most of your exam and help us better partner in your care.
- Any notable changes in health, mood or memory
- Any injuries or falls in the last year
- Recent labs, diagnostic test, or immunizations (bring your immunization card if available)
- Your current prescription and over-the- counter medications with dosages
- Names of vitamins and supplements regularly taken
- Any updates to your medical history: surgeries, hospitalizations, new allergies, and new diagnoses from other physicians
- Updates to your family medical history
- Names of other physicians you are seeing and what you are seeing them for.
- If you have a living will or advanced directive, please bring it with you.
If you have any questions before your exam, please call us.
Samaritan Medical Care Center – (408) 281-2772
Prevention is the Best Medicine
As the cold and flu season approaches, it's crucial to arm yourself with the most potent weapon against these pesky viruses: proper hand washing. In this blog, we'll delve into the science of hand hygiene and provide you with practical tips and tricks to keep those...
Flu season is a recurring challenge, but with the right information, you can navigate it successfully. Let's delve into the intricacies of flu season, symptoms to watch for, and ways to protect yourself. When Does Flu Season Begin? The flu season's onset varies, but...
As the back-to-school season approaches, fortifying your child's health and well-being is paramount. Our comprehensive guide focuses on expert insights, immune system strategies, and proactive healthcare to empower your child for a successful academic year. ...